10 Motivational Quotes for Staying Sober
We have put together a list of ten motivational quotes for staying sober, geared towards getting you through even the toughest of times.
Getting sober is the most wonderfully fulfilling experience in the world. Of course, just like any other experience, it cannot be all good. You will experience ups and downs when you get sober, and sometimes you might need an extra dose of inspiration to stay on the right track and keep yourself positive. We have compiled a list of 10 motivational quotes for staying sober, geared towards getting you through even the toughest of times. Remember – if you are ever struggling and need additional support, you can give us a call at any time. At Absolute Awakenings, we are always standing by to help in any and every way that we can.
5 of the Best Recovery Quotes
- “I believe this: We have only today; yesterday’s gone and tomorrow is uncertain. That’s why they call it the present. And sobriety is a gift… for those who are willing to receive it.” ― Ace Frehley, No Regrets: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Memoir
- “People still question my sobriety, my commitment to the program, and that hurts. I take things day by day, and sometimes I take them to minute by minute, but I honor my commitment to stay sober.” ― Tom Arnold
- “The initial journey towards sobriety is a delicate balance between insight into one’s desire for escape and abstinence from one’s addiction.” ― Debra L. Kaplan
- “Addiction is just a way of trying to get at something else. Something bigger. Call it transcendence if you want, but it’s a rat in a maze. We all want the same thing. We all have this hole. The thing you want offers relief, but it’s a trap.” — Tess Callahan
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller
5 More to Help You During Tough Times
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
- “The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics are wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope.” — Russell Brand
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” — Shane Niemeyer
- “Recovery from addiction requires hard work, a proper attitude, and learning skills to stay sober, not drinking alcohol or using other drugs. Successful drug recovery or alcohol recovery involves changing attitudes, acquiring knowledge, and developing skills to meet the many challenges of sobriety.” — Dr. Dennis Daley
- “You don’t get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier to not use. If you don’t create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again.” — Unknown
Addiction Recovery – Staying Motivated
When it comes to early recovery, it can be easy to lose motivation. You might find yourself in an emotional or mental rut and begin engaging in old, self-destructive behavioral patterns, like isolating, bottling up your emotions, or putting your attention into other (less important) things. Every day you must wake up in the right mindset, and if you don’t, you must do everything in your power to turn your current mindset around. Referring to motivational quotes that focus on recovery and sobriety is a great way to do just that. You can find books that are full of motivational quotes.
You can also find what is called a “daily reader,” a book of motivational excerpts, one that corresponds with every single day of the year. To learn more tips and tricks about staying on the right course and keeping yourself inspired to stay sober, please feel free to reach out to us at Absolute Awakenings Treatment Center to learn more about our evidence-based treatment programs.