In the state of New Jersey, the significance of mental health can sometimes be overlooked. However, as awareness and concern for personal well-being continue to grow in the state, it becomes essential to prioritize access to mental health services.
Recognizing and using these resources is crucial in addressing the pressing mental health decline in the state.
Fortunately, the Garden State boasts many mental health facilities, each offering a distinct approach and a comprehensive range of services tailored to aid individuals in diagnosing and effectively managing their mental health conditions.
Mental Health Facilities in New Jersey
Helpful Mental Health Resources
New Jersey offers a variety of mental health resources for anyone suffering from mental health or substance use issues. Here are some helpful links and organizations:
- New Jersey Department of Human Services – Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS): DMHAS offers a comprehensive range of mental health services, encompassing emergency care, outpatient treatment, inpatient services, and recovery support.
- New Jersey Mental Health Cares: NJMentalHealthCares is an online resource center that provides information about mental health services, treatment programs, and recovery resources.
- NAMI New Jersey: The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has a New Jersey chapter that offers support groups, educational programs, and local resources for individuals and their families dealing with mental illness.
- Mental Health Association in New Jersey (MHANJ): MHANJ provides advocacy, education, training, and services to adults and children with mental health disorders.
- Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC): UBHC offers comprehensive mental health and addiction services for adults, adolescents, and children.
- New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies (NJAMHAA): NJAMHAA is an advocacy and resource organization dedicated to improving lives by promoting quality mental health and addiction services in New Jersey.
- 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline: 2NDFLOOR is a free, anonymous helpline for young people in New Jersey. The youth crisis team provides 24/7 support and connects callers to mental health resources.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or use the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741. These services are available 24/7.