What to pack & bring to rehab
Knowing when to go to treatment for drug or alcohol abuse can be very confusing. Some wonder, what exactly does it mean to suffer from an addiction? Typically, addiction is described as continually taking drugs, or drinking alcohol, even though you are suffering the negative consequences from it. No matter how hard you’ve tried on your own, you are still unable to stay sober for any amount of time. If you have made the decision to seek treatment, knowing what to pack can make the transition easier.
What to Bring to Treatment
very treatment center is different, but at Absolute Awakenings, we have a very detailed list of what you can, and can not bring with you to treatment. This list has been created with safety, comfort, and logistics in mind.
- An identification card or Birth Certificate
- Insurance Card
- Luggage containing clothing for approximately 45 days. Please bring seasonally appropriate clothing. Gym clothes, yoga clothes, a robe, and a jacket are items to consider.
- One bag containing cosmetics & toiletries
- Money to spend on outings or for essential items from the store
- Working credit or debit card for medication co-pays
- Hair dryers
- Curling/straightening irons
- Bottles of cologne or perfume
- Nail clippers or files
- iPods or MP3 players – Important- Must not have a camera or Wi-Fi capability
- Nicotine/tobacco products & lighters
- Any medications/prescriptions (preferably a 30-day supply)
What to Leave at Home
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Any products containing alcohol including mouthwash and hand sanitizer. Mouthwash containing alcohol will be disposed of upon admission.
- Any sharp or dangerous items
- Jewelry or any other valuables
- T-shirts with explicit, violent themes or alcohol/drug references
- Irons, fans or heaters, heating pads, and electric blankets
- Food items unless store-bought & non-perishable
- Wire hangers
- Aerosol cans
- Laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener, and dryer sheets
- Extension cords
- Outside reading materials, unless spiritual or self-help
- Personal linens, pillows, and stuffed animals
- Any other items that are deemed inappropriate by staff are eligible for confiscation
- Any unopened vape juice or medications not pre-approved by the facility
What is Rehab like?Rehab may sound very clinical, and sterile. But, it doesn’t have to be like that! Absolute Awakenings has a warm, welcoming environment to ensure comfort while treating addiction and mental health. You will be met with kindness from knowledgeable staff who all have your health and well-being in mind. Our programs teach recovering people coping mechanisms and strategies to overcome any challenges they face. This includes things like temptations and cravings, as well as mental health concerns. With evidence-based therapy methods, medically monitored environments, and personalized treatment plans, rehab would look different for each person.
Absolute Awakenings Can HelpTo find out if Absolute Awakenings Treatment Center can help you, call us today and talk to an admissions coordinator. They can help you to decide which program fits best for you, and create a path to start your recovery journey.
24/7 Confidential Helpline