Can You Overdose on Methamphetamine?
Yes, it is possible to overdose on meth, and many overdoses are fatal. Those that aren’t may permanently damage a person’s brain or internal organs.
Signs and Symptoms of Methamphetamine Overdose
A person who overdoses on meth may enter a state of psychosis before falling unconscious. Psychosis involves hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Some may become violent and lash out.
While unconscious, a person’s heart or respiration may stop. This can cause brain damage and death. If the person is still conscious, they may experience intense stomach pain, nausea, and confusion.
What to do if you suspect someone is overdosing on Meth:
If an overdosed person doesn’t get treatment, they could die. Call for an ambulance and stay with the person until the paramedics get there. If the person is still conscious, keep them calm. Once medical services arrive, it may be possible to reverse the overdose.